The link below takes you to the WGS articulation agreement between Hostos and Hunter College:
WGS courses taken at Hostos Community College will apply to Women’s Studies or Women’s and Gender Studies programs at any of five senior colleges: Hunter College, John Jay, Lehman College, Queens College and York College. As of 2017, we have a special articulation with Hunter College’s Women’s and Gender Studies Department which allows students to begin their studies at Hunter while at Hostos and to seamlessly transfer Hostos WGS courses immediately to the major or the minor at Hunter College. Hunter College has a full fledged WGS department with hundreds of courses to choose from in fulfilling the major or minor.
Contact the Office of Academic Affairs (X6600) or Professor Jerilyn Fisher (firstname.lastname@example.org) for further information about transfer to Hunter College’s WGS program.
Women’s & Gender Studies at Hostos and CUNY Senior Colleges
At Hostos, we offer an A.A. in Liberal Arts with an option in Women’s and Gender Studies.
Women’s and Gender Studies Courses at Hostos can include:
• Introduction to Women’s and Gender Studies (WGS 100) • Gender and Work (WGS 200)
• Women and Religious Experience (WGS 201)
• Women in Literature (ENG/WGS 223)
• The Female Detective Novel (ENG/WGS 251)
These courses are synchronized with Pathways and many of them are Writing Intensive courses to help interested students fulfill those requirements.
• Psychology of Women (PSY 140)
For information about philosophy, requirements, and courses that comprise the Women’s Studies major or minor at at Hunter, John Jay, Lehman College, Queens and York Colleges can best be considered by looking at their respective websites:
- The Women & Gender Studies at Hunter College
- Women/Gender’s Studies at John Jay
- Women’s Studies at Lehman College
- Women’s Studies at Queens College
- Women’s Studies at York College