Panopto webinars are available twice a month (2nd and 4th Wednesday) from 11:00am – 12:00pm ET. The Basic Training Webinar is designed for new users and beginners who would like to learn how to use the Panopto software. The Advanced Webinar covers a specific topic and is designed for users with an understanding of Panopto’s basic functionality and use.
Click here to participate in a Panopto webinar
Click here to view a recording of a previous webinar.
How to Use Panopto
This brief summary of How to Use Panopto, was created in a “bare bones” scenario, and demonstrates how to record a lecture for the flipped modality. The recording was made with a laptop using only the computer’s built in web cam and microphone, along with an integrated PowerPoint presentation.
Office of Educational Technology
Panopto Software Resources
- Mac Support, External Link
- Windows Support, External Link
- Panopto Recorder Download, Mac Win
- Silverlight Download, Mac Win
Panopto Editing Resources
Below are resources on how to edit a recording:
- Basic Editing, PDF Download
- Advanced Editor Usage, PDF Download
- Splicing, Remixing, PDF Download
- Video Switching in Panopto, PDF Download
- Webpage Embedding, PDF Download
- How to Create a Perfect Recording
Interested in other uses of Lecture Capture Technology in other Higher Educational Institutions? Check out some of the links below.
- 6 Innovative Uses of Lecture Capture
Lecture capture is no longer merely a safety net for students who can’t make it to class. Here are 6 ways faculty are using it to make their courses more engaging, flexible, and imaginative.
- Lecture Capture in Higher Education
This report provides an overview of the benefits and concerns from the student and faculty perspective regarding the use of lecture capture technology from research conducted at other institutions utilizing this technology. This document also explores innovative uses of lecture capture technology and provides some potential areas to explore at UBC. In addition to exploring the uses at other institutions, this report provides recommendations to address the implementation of this technology at UBC.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Flipped Classrooms
A brief overview that answers all the questions you may have about flipped classrooms.
- 7 Things You Should Know About Lecture Capture
A brief overview that answers all the questions you may have about lecture capture tools.
- Implementation of a Lecture Capture Recording System in a Counselor Education Clinical Training Facility
Lecture, or presentation, capture is a gradually emerging technology at many colleges and universities. Although a working definition of lecture capture is often ambiguous, Nicole Englebert from Educational & Vertical Markets Technology defines it as “a solution that captures classroom-based activities in a digital format that is then available for download or consumption over the internet…”
- Using lecture capture technologies for distance learning: A case study using Panopto
The use of lecture capture technologies is increasingly becoming commonplace in many tertiary institutions. In this poster, a pilot of the Panopto suite of lecture capture software used to capture lessons on Journalism Law, to use as content for a new distance-learning programme, will be described.
Links to Outside Hostos: