The “Are You Ready?” online readiness module is designed to prepare students for taking an online course. Whether hybrid or asynchronous, this 30 minute online workshop will cover a variety of topics that are essential to Hostos Online Learning.
- In hybrid courses, class activities are split between online and face-to-face meetings.
- In asynchronous courses, all class activities take place online via the Internet.
The Topics included:
- A brief self assessment
- Welcome to Online Learning
- Basic Technology Proficiency
- Using Blackboard
- Technology Requirements
- Netiquette and Services for Students at Hostos
Are You Ready brochure (pdf format): Are You Ready
To access the “Are You Ready?” online readiness module:
- Navigate to the Hostos Home Page
- Click on ‘Login To’ and select ‘Blackboard’
- Use your CUNYfirst credentials to log in.
- Scroll down the left side of the page and find the Hostos Enroll in”Are You Ready ?” eLearning Course pictured below, and click on the Are You Ready link at the bottom of the module.
- Enter the Access Code: eLearning
- You will then see a confirmation page, click OK to begin the workshop.