The Office of Educational Technology is constantly improving its services by integrating the best practices in all technology related areas. This page houses all policies governing faculty and student best practices in online learning.
- Academic Honesty and Integrity
- Academic Integrity in Online Learning at Hostos Community College
- Gen Ed Policy
- Grading Policy
Online Learning Best Practices:
- Using the Course Calendar function available in Blackboard Course Tools is recommended for the benefit of faculty and student alike. This creates a common place for deadlines and milestones to be shared with a class.
- A clear policy regarding both Instructor Presence and the Online Participation Policy for students is essential. Emphasizing frequency and duration for these shared concepts can have a significant impact on the momentum and success of any course.
- Regardless of modality, a course will cover the same amount and complexity of material. As such, plan accordingly. Online Learning offers flexibility in terms of where and when we engage with course but does not take less time. Manage your time accordingly.