EdTech introduces faculty to the latest educational technologies. In an evolving and changing technoscape, innovative trends in online learning, rich media, social networking, and mobile learning each offers opportunities to engage students. EdTech provides continuous faculty development opportunities throughout the academic year to reach these goals.
EdTech’s instructional design specialists are always happy to share their knowledge and expertise in the field of educational technology. The Faculty Learning Commons, C-559, is equipped with wireless laptops and multimedia tools. Trained staff are ready to answer all questions from faculty.
- Online tutorials about Blackboard
- Workshop sessions on using the latest educational technologies
- In-person individualized help from instructional design specialists (appointments recommended, but drop-ins also welcome)
- Specific initiatives to help increase online learning offerings
- Smart Classroom certification
- For a complete list of the services EdTech provides, click here: EdTech Services.
EdTech is always looking for new ideas, technologies, and best practices to add to the faculty development program. If you have an idea, or want to request a specific topic or workshop, contact Mr. Wilfredo Rodriguez, EdTech Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org, 718.319.7973).