BLACKBOARD TIPS FOR FACULTY
Letter Grade Display Using the Hostos Grading Schema
The grade display in Blackboard’s Full Grade Center can be customized to show grades in different formats, such as points, percentages, or letters, depending on the instructor’s preferences. This allows instructors to communicate student progress in a way that is easy for students to understand and encourages academic success. The letter grade format should adhere to the Hostos grade policy. Below are the steps to change the grade display in Blackboard Full Grade Center and select the Letter – Hostos Grading Schema option:
- Log in to your Blackboard course and navigate to the Full Grade Center.
- Select the column that you wish to display the letter grade. Hover your mouse over the column header to reveal a down arrow, click it, and select Edit Column Information. The example below shows the Final Weighted Total column, but you can choose any column in your grade center.
- Locate the primary Display and Secondary Display sections (they are under the description text box)
- Under either display, select the Letter – Hostos Grading Policy option from the list.
- Click the Submit button to save your changes.
That’s it! Your grade display for that particular column will now use the Letter – Hostos Grading Policy.
In that case, please email your course name, number, and section at EdTechsupport@hostos.cuny.edu to request Letter – Hostos Grade Schema to be added to your course.
You can choose how to display grades in your course. However, when you will enter the final course grade to each student in CUNYfirst in a letter format. Please make sure that your grade conversion follows the Hostos Grade Policy.