Archive Course creates a permanent record of a course including all the content and user interactions available at the time the Archive is created.
To Archive a Course
- In the Control Panel, under Packages and Utilities, click on Export/Archive Course.
- Archiving a course is similar to Export (see above: How to Export a Course), except that all content is part of the package, as well as records of activity. If desired, choose the option to Include Grade Center History (increases file size and processing time).
- File Attachment: It is best to choose the option Copy links and include copies of the files in the course default directory.
- Click the Calculate Size button to find out the size of the course. The Manage Package Contents allows you to delete content to make the package size smaller. Note: the current limit on Course Size is 1.5 GB. Often courses created before the current limit was implemented are larger. It is important that the course you are exporting is smaller than 1.5 GB or else it will be impossible to later import it into a course shell. If it is larger, please take steps to reduce the size before exporting by deleting large course files. Contact EdTech if you need further assistance with this.
- Click Submit. You should see a success notification similar to Export Course. As with Export Course, click the Refresh button, right-click on the .zip file link, and download the Archive .zip file package onto your hard drive or backup external drive.