BLACKBOARD TIPS FOR FACULTY
Activating Bb Ally
Activating Ally in your courses will provide you with an overview of how accessible your courses are as well as see individual items that need accessibility improvement. On the student’ side, they will be able to download uploaded files in different formats such as Tagged PDFs, Audio, ePub, and more.
To activate this tool in your courses, follow these steps:
- After you have logged in to the LMS, click on any course you want to activate Ally from the My Courses module.
- Once you are in the course, from the Control Panel, click on the Customization link to expand it and click on Tool Availability.
- From the Tool list, check the Accessibility Report checkbox for the Available column.
- Click on the Submit button.
- Click on the Course Tools link to expand it and you should see the Accessibility Report link available now.
Note: The Accessibility Report link may take a couple of minutes to show up while the data is being populated.