Smart Room Certification
This course has been developed to equip you with the skills and knowledge necessary to effectively use and integrate technology in the classroom. Whether you are new to technology-enhanced instruction or have been using it for some time, this course will provide you with the resources and support you need to enhance student learning and engagement. This flexible, online learning experience allows you to progress at your own pace.
Smart Classroom Priority Use Selection Criteria
In an effort to maximize the use of technologies available in the Smart classrooms, Hostos has established new policies and guidelines for assigning Smart classrooms. The certification process consists of completing a Smart Room Certification Course on Blackboard offered by EdTech.
- Instructors must provide a short description of how the course will utilize the functionality of the smart classroom to help achieve the class objectives.
- Instructors should have used Blackboard in the past.
- Instructors must answer yes to at least one of the following activities:
- My course will use online videos in the classroom.
- My course will use PowerPoint to augment teaching.
- My course will utilize lecture capture.
- My course will include real-time annotations of presentations.