Instructors can create an Assignment in Blackboard as a way for students to submit coursework. When an Assignment is created, a Grade Column is automatically created for it in the Grade Center. Students can either type the assignment answers directly into the Assignment tool text box or attach a document. Files formats compartible with Assignments are: Microsoft Word (DOC, DOCX), Adobe Acrobat (PDF), Image (JPE, JPEG, PNG), PowerPoint (PPT, PPTX), Excel (XLS, XLSX), and other audio and video files.
To create an Assignment:
- In the top-bar action menu in the content area (Course Content) where you want to post the Assignment, click on Assessments then select Assignment.
- Enter the Name and Instructions for the Assignment.
- If you want to attach a document for the students to read click on the Browse My Computer button.
- Enter Points Possible for this Assignment.
- Click Submission Details to expand it. Choose if it is an Individual, Group or Portfolio Submission. Specify if it is a Single Attempt, Multiple Attempts or Unlimited Attempts, and if you wish to have it check for plagiarism by using SafeAssign (discussed separately).
You are also given options for Anonymous Grading to prevent bias, and Delegated Grading if the course is taught by multiple instructors or has teaching assist
Click on Display of Grades allows you to set how the grades are displayed in the Grade Center and to the students in their Grades tool.
- Set the Due Date for the Assignment.
- Set Availability Dates and Times, then Click Submit.