Welcome to Earth Week 2021!
Faculty: Thank you for submitting your Teach-In Events!
Some of the themes explored include:
- Prevent Environmental Destruction: plastic pollution, biodiversity loss, air and water quality
- Brainstorm and coordinate short and long-term action to achieve universal climate balance
- Advocate for Environmental Justice and Indigenous Land Rights
- Promote Vote Earth: vote for leadership that follows science, promotes sustainability, prepares us for future environmental, economic and health challenges.
- Educate on sustainable food systems, agriculture and deforestation
- Any other topic from your discipline that could help to protect and restore our Earth!
Some history behind the Teach-In movement can be found here.
A video of a “teach-out” from the University of Michigan.
Thank you to the Earth Day Committee
Carmen Inda-Garcia , Co-Chair
Allison Franzese, Co-Chair
Amanda Bernal-Carlo, Committee Member
Kathleen Delgado, Committee Member
Irina Grishina, Committee Member
A special thank you to all of the professors who are hosting events, as well as
Iber Poma and David Dos Santos from EdTech
Sehgal Varum and Sharmela Girjanand from the IT Department
Natasha Brewer, Patricia de la Hoz, Sarah Brennan from the Office of Academic Affairs
Soldanela Rivera Lopez from the Office of Communications
Jerry Rosa and Rhonda Smith from the Office of Students Activities