Hostos Teaching Institute
OFFERED BY THE OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE PRESIDENT FOR ACADEMIC AFFAIRS
The Hostos Teaching Institute (HTI) offers practical sessions designed and facilitated by seasoned faculty members. These programs help instructors who want to tune up their teaching practice and take it to the next level.
This approach aims to map the Gen Ed essential learning outcomes to each of the established professional development theme tracks. Each of these tracks has a defined curriculum, and will be facilitated by colleagues who are experts in the different areas. Some of these tracks will lead to the establishment of certifications, similar to the successful Online Learning Initiatives; which will be awarded to those who complete any of these tracks.
All these training tracks will use an active learning approach, and will require participants to work and enhance their teaching instruments during the training sessions.
Faculty will be able to choose from and attend any of the following tracks:
- Intellectual & Practical Skills: Critical Thinking, Communications, QR
- Digital Storytelling: Universal/Course design, Accessibility, Learning Styles
- Student Engagement: Experiential Learning, Social Learning, Student Motivation
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning (SoTL): Integrative and Applied Learning
- Peer Review of Teaching: Personal & Social Responsibility
- Tools for 21st Century Learners: An intro to Academic Technologies
Each track will consist of two to four 3-hour sessions, and will require a minimum number of participants to be offered.
Similar to previous years, faculty who participate in at least 5 trainings will receive a special recognition.
To register for any of these professional development opportunities go to: http://www.hostos.cuny.edu/facultydevelopment (use your Hostos credentials to login)
All Teaching Faculty Welcome!