Julia Vargas - Collage still life Blue Bunny

Blue Bunny

Is a 11 x 14 panel , Acrylic on paper Collage. I painted sheets of paper using different hues of blue. The paper was then cut into pieces and glued over a drawing sketched on the panel.

Julia Vargas

Julia Vargas - Sleeping Kid

Sleeping Boy

Is a 16 x 20 stretched Canvas; Acrylic. It was inspired by a photo of my sleeping grandson. There were no brushes used in this painting. I used spatulas, my fingers, piece of sponge, and small rag.

Julia Vargas

Julia Vargas - In the Shadows

In the Shadows

Is 18 x 24 stretched canvas; Acrylic. I was very interested on the relationship of the glass teapot and figurine on my desk and the reflection in the computer screen. I loved the shadows that were reflected in the screen.

Julia Vargas

Mayra L. Mojica Butler - Frida

Frida

Mayra L. Mojica

Mayra L. Mojica Butler - Fridas

Fridas

Mayra L. Mojica

Mayra L. Mojica Butler - Card Three Kings

Three Kings

Mayra L. Mojica

Diana Macri - Frida Khalo

Frida Kahlo

Having no natural talent for drawing or painting, I discovered adult coloring books. Some poo-poo the idea of adult coloring books, but I find the practice very relaxing and am thrilled to see my “creation”.

Diana Macri

Diana Macri - image

Bulldog (The Winston Churchill Pic)

Diana Macri

Diana Macri - Image

Liz (Elizabeth Taylor Pic)

Diana Macri

Diana Macri - Lincoln

Abraham Lincoln

Diana Macri

Marcelo D. Viana Neto - 2021molloch

Molloch

January 8th, 2021

Digital sculpture created during the Capitol riots.

Marcelo D. Viana Neto

Marcelo D. Viana Neto - Molloch base

Untitled

January 26th, 2021

Digital sculpture sketch.

Marcelo D. Viana Neto

Ian Scott Paint

The Wanderer

This photograph of me contemplating my water color painting entitled  “The Wanderer”

was featured in a show created by the host of the BBC television show “Fake or Fortune”.

The Host Mr Philip Mould selected it to represent an artist contemplating his work during the initial COVID-19 lockdown period in 2020.

The painting is a large watercolor on paper.

The background was based on my drawings I did when climbing mountains in Southern China and the figure in the front is the global “Wanderer” .

I was saying that with art one can wander freely even within COVID restrictions ; the power of art giving you  freedom even when confined.

This theory I taught when I was working in an art therapy unit within a Maximum security prison.

The men who really got involved in art were so much more free and happier than the others.

It showed me that one can become free from one’s history and outer life circumstances if you learn how to engage with inner freedom.

For me Art is the best tool for that work

Ian Scott

South Bronx
Michael Ortiz - Owl

Midnight Owl

An owl at nighttime. Done during a virtual paint session. Acrylic on canvas.

Michael Ortiz

Do what Makes you Happy

Happy

Simple and straight to the point. Acrylic on canvas.

Michael Ortiz

Paradaise

A Walk in Nature

A simple walk in nature makes all things right. Inspired by a Bob Ross painting. Acrylic on canvas.

Michael Ortiz

Africa

African Sun

Beautiful, elegant, and warm. This painting depicts a woman sitting under the African sun. Adapted from and inspired by YouTube tutorials. Acrylic on canvas.

Michael Ortiz

Written Works

A Creator’s Signature

Karina Guardiola Lopez

Tired Too

Karina Guardiola Lopez

The Boy From Troy

Teresa Gray

Bronx Pastoral

Carl James Grindley

Fragmentation and Faith in the Ol’ Neighborhood

El Padre James Francis Sheehan

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?

CUNY logo with name on the right in white color