Provost ManginoWelcome to the inaugural Center for Teaching and Learning Newsletter. Over the last 12 years, the center has provided hundreds of hours of professional development activities, facilitated conversations, convened subcommittees for innovation, and linked faculty to numerous conferences and external opportunities. Last year, the majority of full-time faculty attended at least one activity, and we are slowly increasing the participation of our adjunct faculty in CTL events.

Teaching and learning are dear to my heart and when I first came to the Office of Academic Affairs, I was excited to oversee the center. The implementation of SPA DAY, the Hostos Teaching Institute, the OAA Teaching Fellowship, and the year of quantitative reasoning are just a few of the ways we have focused on teaching and learning. The leadership of CTL has always been an important part of its success. Carlos Guevara will continue to co-direct the center this year and Professor Elvir Dincer will be joining as co-director. I want to thank Professor Nelson Nunez-Rodriguez for his outstanding service as director for the past four years and Professor Cynthia Jones for her leadership this past year as co-director. Much thought has gone into the professional development offerings for this year, and I hope you can attend many of them. The center has always done a great job taking your feedback (through all those surveys they ask you to complete) to align their offerings with your interests and the college’s Strategic Plan. I look forward to another great year of engaging conversations and learning new teaching strategies.

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?

Log in with your credentials

Forgot your details?