Bronx EdTech Showcase Announced its First Exemplary Online Course Award Competition in 2019!
Winners of the First Edition
1st Place: Prof. Sherry Deckman, Education Department, Lehman College
2nd Place: Prof. Kenneth Weisshaar, Philosophy Department, Lehman College
3rd Place: Prof. Stacey Cooper, Behavioral & Social Sciences Department, Hostos Community College
Honorable Mention: Prof. Victoria Munoz, English Department, Hostos Community College
We invite you to apply for the Exemplary Online Course Award! Teaching online is not an easy task – it requires a lot of hard work and continuous improvements to your course. This award recognizes outstanding work in online course design, and intends to showcase exemplary use of best practices in course design, interaction and collaboration, assessment and learner support.
The award utilizes the Blackboard Exemplary Course Program (ECP) as the model that recognizes course creators whose courses demonstrate best practices in four major areas:
- Course Design
- Interaction & Collaboration
- Learner Support
How does it work:
- Self-Review – evaluate your own course using the Blackboard ECP Rubric (PDF to view, and a form to fill out)
- Provide a 250-word narrative describing the reasons for why your course should be considered exemplary based on the ECP Rubric (included in the form to fill out)
- Courses are then evaluated by a peer group of online educators using the ECP Rubric to determine the winners. Winners will be asked to record a 2-5 minute course walk-through video.
Awards: Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Individual faculty, instructional and course designers or team submissions
- At this time, we accept nominations only from the Bronx CUNY campuses