WHEN does ASAP begin?
Full-time college study begins the semester following ASAP recruitment. Hostos offers several different programs of study, in block schedules, so that students can attend classes, participate in ASAP events and activities, and handle work and life responsibilities.
Many community college students are not able to complete the Associate’s degree due to a variety of stressors. ASAP helps to eliminate these by providing select community college students with the academic, social, and financial support they need to graduate with an Associate in Arts or Associate in Applied Science degree in no more than three years.
HOW do I apply?
Follow these six easy steps to get started:
- Apply to Hostos Community College at cuny.edu/admissions.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application at www.hesc.ny.gov
- Get accepted to Hostos Community College College — CONGRATULATIONS! —and accept your offer of admission.
- Complete all admissions requirements, including the CUNY Assessment Tests, if necessary. For more information on testing visit: http://www.cuny.edu/academics/testing.html
- Complete the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist to determine your eligibility.
- After completing the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist be sure to check your email for important next steps.
Visit the CUNY ASAP website for more information on the program.