In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ASAP services and business processes will be addressed remotely. While staff are not on campus, we are eager and available to help. For assistance by phone, please call 718.518.6606 and leave a message. For assistance via email, please send messages to your advisor or to ASAP@hostos.cuny.edu. All calls and messages will be returned within two hours. If you do not receive a response within two hours, please call the Office of Academic Affairs at 718.518.6660 and leave a message.
Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP)
What is ASAP?
ASAP is a comprehensive program designed to help motivated community college students earn their degrees as quickly as possible, with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years. ASAP is supported by the City and State of New York, the Robin Hood Foundation, and the Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation.
Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, small class size, required full-time study, comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students and free use of textbooks and monthly MetroCards for all ASAP students.
Why Join ASAP?
Due to a variety of stresses and responsibilities, many community college students are not able to complete their associate degrees in a timely manner. ASAP helps to eliminate these stresses by providing select community college students with the academic, social and financial support they need to graduate with an Associate in Arts or Associate in Applied Science degree in no more than three years.
As an ASAP student, you receive the following benefits:
- Academic support services
- Consolidated course schedules
- Assigned advisor to guide degree progress, transfer to a four-year college, and/or entry into the workforce
- Career specialist for immediate job placement needs and future career planning
- Tuition waivers for any gap between tuition and your financial aid award (for students in receipt of financial aid)
- A voucher to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of textbooks
- Connected community of motivated students
- Opportunity for summer course taking at no cost
- Leadership, scholarship and other special program
- Semester MTA MetroCards
Is There A Catch?
There is no catch! In exchange for ALL these resources, you will need to:
- Enroll full time each semester and maintain good academic standing
- Enroll immediately and continuously in any developmental supports
- Meet regularly with your advisor, career and employment specialist, and tutors, and attend any required enrichment activities
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application each year to remain eligible**
**The Jose Peralta New York State DREAM Act application is open. Visit www.hesc.ny.gov/dream to learn about eligibility and how to apply.
Visit the CUNY ASAP website for more information on the program
Follow ASAP on Social Media
If you are interested in participating in the ASAP program, please contact Ashly Dominguez by email at email@example.com.
We are located at 500 Grand Concourse, C-Building Room: C-490, Bronx, NY 10451