In-person Reference: Librarians are available during hours of service at the reference desk for in-person research help. They are also available by appointment for individual consultation. Reference area is located on the library’s lower level (2nd floor).
Telephone Reference: Please call 718.518.4215 to speak to a reference librarian. At busy times priority will be given to users who are there in person.
Email Reference: Email A Librarian is an email service offered to the Hostos Community College community in order to provide brief library and reference information to individuals working from remote sites.
Sign-up for an individualized research consultation. One of our librarians will work with you (or your group) on a specific assignment or project. Consultations are 30 minutes.
We can help!
- Help defining your research topic
- Help beginning your research
- Librarians will point you to which databases to use for your research
- Tips on searching specific databases
- Librarians will help you check Hostos library holdings
- Help with Verifying a citation
- Explanation of library services and policies