FREE digital subscriptions to the New York Times are still available for all CUNY students, faculty, and staff!
Sign up or renew your subscription using your Hostos email.
- Go to nytimes.com/passes.
- Click on “register”–make sure to use your Hostos email address as the email.
- Click on “create my account” after you’ve filled out your information.
- You’re not done yet! On the next page, click on “continue”, in order to get an email confirmation sent to your Hostos email.
- Check your Hostos email for the confirmation message – it should arrive within 15 minutes. If you don’t see it in your inbox, check your spam folder. If you still do not receive it, send a message from your Hostos email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click on the link in the confirmation email to activate your subscription.
- Once you have created an account, always use your Hostos email address to log in to www.nytimes.com
You can use your digital subscription from any computer, or on a smartphone app that can be downloaded from nytimes.com/mobile. We don’t have access to the tablet apps, but you can still read it on your tablet by using any internet browser.
If you’re looking for older articles, please note that this subscription will only let you download five articles/year published between 1923-1980. The good news is that you can use the New York Times Historical Database – this is a resource that Hostos Library already subscribes to. From here, you can access an unlimited number of older NYT articles published between 1851 and five years ago (so, this year that means 1851-2009).