he Skyscape Medical Resources app is used by more than 2.6 million healthcare professionals (HCPs) to access the medical resources they know and trust at the point of care. This valuable decision-support tool helps physicians, nurses, students and other HCPs find the right answers, right away.
EVERYTHING YOU NEED IN ONE APP
• The free Skyscape app comes loaded with a valuable package of medical resources, including drug information, medical calculators and clinical information on over 850 topics.
• You can purchase any of more than 600 premium resources in 35 medical specialties and access all of them from within this one convenient app.
• Robust features include SmartLink™, Skyscape’s proprietary cross-reference functionality; medical calculators; algorithms; interactive images; flowcharts; and frequent content updates.
INCLUDED FOR FREE
• RxDrugs: Comprehensive information on thousands of brands and generics, with interactions (including multi-drug analyzer tool), pill images and over 400 integrated dosing calculators. This resource also includes formulary information covering 5,000 health plans in all 50 US states.
• Archimedes: Medical calculator with more than 200 interactive tools, organized by specialty.
• Outlines in Clinical Medicine: Evidence-based clinical information on hundreds of diseases and symptom-related topics, presented in convenient outline format.
• MedAlert™: In-context and specialty-focused journal summaries, trial results, breaking clinical news, drug alerts and other information, fully integrated with the app’s global search and SmartLink.
Test your knowledge of medical-surgical nursing. More than 1,000 questions let you study anytime, anywhere. It’s easy to build your own quizzes, analyze your strengths and weaknesses, and create new quizzes designed to improve your performance. You’ll be NCLEX ready for the more than 60% of the questions on the exam that focus on the seemingly huge amount of medical-surgical nursing information that you need to master.
World War II interactive is an app which contains a wealth of information on virtually every
stage of the war divided into a visually pleasing timeline format. The application would serve as an excellent review of essential World War II history. The content of this app is terrific in its depth and scope. The application’s interactivity and embedded media links help bring the period to life with relevant communicative images and film from the period. All in all, the application presents academic information in an easy to read picture book style making for an efficient and more palatable approach to history.
Real Tooth Morphology App is not a free app, but is the wave of the future in processing crowns. This app uses high resolution 3 D scans of real teeth for actual tooth reconstruction. Moreover, it demonstrates actual tooth morphology, which informs students about the intricate details of each tooth.
Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) is a great App that not only gives relevant course material but also quizzes users. It is a great for dental hygiene students because A&P is a required course for dental hygiene students and the students can use this app to reinforce their textbook materials.
Our Team met with limited success in this endeavor, especially in relation to males. While we were able to find applications connected to the music, literature, and history of the Black American incorporated in a site such as The Smithsonian, the knowledge provided was often encyclopedic. . . We believe the needs of our students would be more effectively met in developing a single application modeled on the application for Blackboard that allowed students to easily access and navigate the library database.
I would like to share the easy to use and free app Pixorial. It allows you to capture video in your iPad with adjustable real time effects then share those videos everywhere. You may use this app with a free Pixorial account to view and share videos captured in any format.
A faculty member will be using this app with her class this semester. Some of the features to consider are:
- Capture and upload videos in HD
- No Time restriction
- View immediately with Apple AirPlay
- Backgound Uploading/Processing
- Queue several videos at one time
- One Click sharing to Social sites like Youtube, Facebook and many others