Applications due by the 15th of May!
En Foco is a non-profit organization that nurtures and supports contemporary fine art and documentary photographers of diverse cultures, primarily U.S. residents of Latino, African and Asian Heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific. Since it was founded in 1974, En Foco has been an outspoken leader and advocate for the equitable support and access to resources for photographers of color. It has a distinguished itself through its sustained commitment to providing its primary constituency and the communities they represent financial support, public programming, information services and cultural advocacy initiatives.
En Foco’s new Fellowship Program will award $1,000 to five photographers of color, as determined by a panel of photography professionals. In addition, the Fellowship Awardees will participate in a group exhibition in a New York City venue, as well as be published in Nueva Luz (printed and online editions). The Fellowship Awardees will also be able to avail themselves of special Professional Development resources. This reorganized Photography Fellowship is designed to recognize the highest quality of work from a creative community not readily available through mainstream sources of support.
ELIGIBILITY: WHO CAN APPLY
- Photographers of Latino, African, Asian American heritage, and Native Peoples of the Americas and the Pacific.
- Must be a resident of New York City and New York State for the past year at the time of submission.
- All Fellowship recipients must show proof of New York City and New York State residency in order to receive the financial support.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Collaborating photographers are eligible BUT only one photographer can complete the application.
- Photography for submission must represent work completed after 2014.
Here’s the Link: