Instruction SetInstruction Set DIY Game Files Description Video How to Play Video
Scientists have failed to find a planet that closely resembles Earth and have resorted to terraforming others in order to suit the needs of life as we know it… and as we need it. Their ultimate objective is to recreate a solar system of planets that require a specific ratio of elements and compounds to make their atmospheres livable. Scientists have found that planets in the Eugenio Galaxy must maintain a balanced atmosphere at all times; otherwise, the imbalance would cause the elements and compounds to dissipate. As a result scientists have developed a planet trading system where they can trade off compounds to create a more balanced atmosphere.
- Deck of 9 Planetary Cards
- 6-sided Die
- Assorted Planet Slices
- Game Guide
STEP 1 /// ASSIGNING PLANETS
Planetary Pioneers is played with each player assigned to a planet. One person
will shuffle the planet cards and distribute them amongst the players or teams.
These planets will consist of preset atmospheres, made up of several elements.
STEP 2 /// ASSEMBLING THE “ORIGIN” ATMOSPHERE
Before the game begins, players must use the “Origin” side of the planet card to
determine what portions of each element their planet is already made out of. If
players have trouble, they can refer to the legend to determine equal portions, as
well use the notepads.
STEP 3 /// NEUTRAL PLANETS
There are 9 planets in total. If planets are left unclaimed, then those become
neutral planets and players must assemble them after they have made their own.
STEP 4 /// CREATING A NEW ATMOSPHERE
Once all planets are assembled, players will flip their card to the “Create” side,
in order to know which portions of each element are needed to change the
atmosphere of their planet. Players will roll the die, and whoever has the lowest
number goes first. Once it is decided who goes first, each player takes their turn
in clockwise order.
The goal of the game is to change your planet’s atmosphere to the desired
one, which is listed on the “Create” side of your card (showing how much of
each element is needed).
1. Players will try and achieve their goal by trading the elements, which
already make up their planet, in order to obtain the ones that they need.
2. One person will roll a 6-sided die to see what type of trade will be made.
Players must trade equal portions and there are three outcomes:
* Forced Acquisition If the player roles a 1 or a 6. The player chooses which elements get traded amongst planets.
* Forced Sac rifice If the player roles a 2 or a 5. The opposing team gets to choose which elements get traded amongst planets.
* Friendly Trade If the player roles a 3 or a 4. The player must agree with the opposing team which elements are getting traded.
NOTE: Opponent is of the player’s choice and cannot be one of the neutral planets.
3. After the die is rolled, the player must choose who they trade with.
4. Players can only trade with neutral planets if they roll a forced acquisition or friendly trade.
5. Players can also use the notepad to keep help determine equal portions.
Once a player has all the elements, and right proportions, they complete their planet and win the game.