The Bronx CUNY Educational Technology (EdTech) Showcase
The Bronx CUNY EdTech Showcase, held annually towards the end of the spring semester, promotes and highlights the innovative uses of technology that have the potential to reach new levels of student engagement leading to improved performance.
The three Bronx CUNY colleges (Lehman, Bronx CC, and Hostos CC) see this event as a great opportunity for networking, collaborating, sharing technical information, and building upon effective practices within our CUNY community.
Future Bronx CUNY EdTech Showcases will be held towards the close of the spring semester, offering faculty an opportunity to share and demonstrate their innovative uses of technology to reach new levels of student engagement and improved performance. The showcase aims to continue the tradition of bringing notable guest speakers to the delight of our audience of faculty, staff, students and administrators. The Bronx EdTech Showcase is open to all members of the CUNY community to present and attend.
The three Bronx CUNY campuses are very proud of the Bronx Ed Tech Showcase. The Bronx Ed Tech Showcase is a unique event that brings together colleagues from the three Bronx CUNY colleges and beyond to illustrate their commitment to exemplary teaching and learning in the online, hybrid, and face-to-face environments. The first edition of the Bronx EdTech Showcase in 2013 was hosted by The Office of Online Education at Lehman College, where audience comprised of representatives from 18 colleges within our CUNY community were exposed to the insights, experiences and perspectives of 57 presenters throughout the day. In 2014 the Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology at Bronx Community College hosted the showcase for over 200 participants.
In December 2014, the Bronx EdTech showcase was honored at the 13th Annual CUNY IT Conference with the CUNY Excellence in Collaboration Award.
Bronx EdTech Showcase Steering Committee
- Albert Robinson, Associate Director, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology, Bronx Community College
- Carlos Guevara, Director, Office of Educational Technology, Hostos Community College
- Kate Lyons, Faculty Liaison to EdTech, Library, Hostos Community College
- Mark Lennerton, Director, Center for Teaching, Learning, and Technology, Bronx Community College
- Olena O. Zhadko, Director of Online Education, Lehman College
- Stephen Castellano, Blackboard and Instructional Technology Specialist, Division of Information Technology, Lehman College
- Naliza Sadik, Instructional Designer, Office of Online Education, Lehman College
Special Thanks to:
Our College Leaders:
Dr. Jose Luis Cruz, President, Lehman College
Dr. Thomas A. Isekenegbe, President, Bronx Community College
Dr. David Gomez, President, Hostos Community College
Our committee would like to acknowledge Dr. George Otte, University Director of Academic Technology for his inspiration and leadership