Eligibility and Requirements
ASAP: Selection Criteria
- Students must complete all required CUNY admissions requirements, including the CUNY Assessment Test.
- Be a New York City resident and/or eligible for in-state tuition (as per the CUNY tuition and fees manual)
- All students must agree to enter into an Associate’s degree program (A.A., A.S., or A.A.S.) on a full-time basis (minimum 12 credits per semester) in an ASAP-approved major (at Hostos, all majors except Nursing, Radiologic Tech., and Dental Tech. are eligible)
- Current CUNY or transfer students may have 15 or fewer college credits at the completion of the spring 2017 semester. Continuing students must have a GPA of 2.0 or above and be able to take a full-time course load in fall 2017.
- All students must be fully skills proficient or have no more than two outstanding developmental course needs based on their scores on the CUNY Assessment Test in non-ESL writing and math (all ASAP-eligible students at Hostos must pass reading).
- Students with two developmental course needs at time of application must attempt at least one of their required courses in the summer before program entry. Failure to enroll in a summer developmental course may cause a student to be ineligible for ASAP. ASAP offers a variety of summer developmental scheduling options and courses are offered at no charge. ASAP also provides Metrocards to all enrolled students.
- All ASAP students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at www.hesc.ny.gov each year, and accept any federal and state grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP).(Students not in receipt of financial aid but other wise eligible may join ASAP but may not receive a tuition waiver.)
See CUNY Financial Aid Award guide.
If you are interested in participating in the ASAP program, please contact Chrystal Joseph, at 718.664.2646 or by email at email@example.com.