Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP)
- Assigned advisor to guide degree progress, transfer to a four-year college, and/or entry into the work force
- Career specialist for immediate job placement needs and future career planning
- Connected community of motivated students
- Consolidated course schedules
- Academic support services
- Opportunity for summer course taking at no cost
- Leadership, scholarship and other special programs
- Tuition waivers for any gap between tuition and your financial aid award (for students in receipt of financial aid)
- A voucher to reduce (or eliminate) the cost of textbooks
- Monthly MTA MetroCards
- Must be a New York City resident
- If a continuing or transfer student, have 15 or fewer college credits at the completion of the semester in which applying to ASAP
- Must enter into an ASAP-approved major on a full-time basis (minimum 12 credits per semester); programs other than nursing, radiologic technology and dental hygiene are available
- May not participate in both College Discovery and ASAP
- All ASAP students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) application at www.hesc.ny.gov each year, and accept any federal and state grant aid awarded (Pell, SEOG, TAP). See CUNY Financial Aid Award guide.
HOW DO I APPLY TO ASAP?
Follow these six easy steps to get started:
- Apply to Hostos Community College at cuny.edu/admissions.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application at www.hesc.ny.gov. See CUNY Financial Aid Award guide.
- Get accepted to Hostos Community College College — CONGRATULATIONS! —and accept your offer of admission.
- Complete all admissions requirements, including the CUNY Assessment Tests, if necessary. For more information on testing visit: http://www.cuny.edu/academics/testing.html
- Complete the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist to determine your eligibility.
- After completing the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist be sure to check your email for important next steps.
For additional information go to: www.cuny.edu/asap Program details subject to change
If you are interested in participating in the ASAP program, please contact Chrystal Joseph, at 718.664.2646 or by email at email@example.com.