Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP)
ASAP is designed to help motivated community college students earn their degrees as quickly as possible, with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, small class size, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students and free use of textbooks and monthly Metrocards for all students.
- ASAP is supported by the City and State of New York, the Robin Hood Foundation, and the Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation.
HOW DO I APPLY TO ASAP?
Follow these six easy steps to get started:
- Apply to Hostos Community College at cuny.edu/admissions.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application at www.hesc.ny.gov. See CUNY Financial Aid Award guide.
- Get accepted to Hostos Community College College — CONGRATULATIONS! —and accept your offer of admission.
- Complete all admissions requirements, including the CUNY Assessment Tests, if necessary. For more information on testing visit: http://www.cuny.edu/academics/testing.html
- Complete the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist to determine your eligibility.
- After completing the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist be sure to check your email for important next steps.
ASAP brochures, postcards and posters are great beginners in helping students to understand ASAP benefits. REQUEST ASAP MATERIALS for your classroom or download a printable brochure today. Scroll further for downloadable brochures and postcards in nine additional languages.
Visit the CUNY ASAP website for more information on the program