Accelerated Study in Associate Programs (ASAP)
ASAP is designed to help motivated community college students earn their degrees as quickly as possible, with a goal of graduating at least 50% of students within three years. Key ASAP program features include a consolidated block schedule, cohorts by major, small class size, required full-time study and comprehensive advisement and career development services. Financial incentives include tuition waivers for financial aid eligible students and free use of textbooks and monthly Metrocards for all students.
- ASAP is supported by the City and State of New York, the Robin Hood Foundation, and the Stella and Charles Guttman Foundation.
HOW DO I APPLY TO ASAP? Follow these six easy steps to get started:
- Apply to Hostos Community College at cuny.edu/admissions.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at www.fafsa.gov and the New York State Tuition Assistance Program application at www.hesc.ny.gov
- Get accepted to Hostos Community College College — CONGRATULATIONS! —and accept your offer of admission.
- Complete all admissions requirements, including the CUNY Assessment Tests, if necessary. For more information on testing visit: http://www.cuny.edu/academics/testing.html
- Complete the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist to determine your eligibility.
- After completing the ASAP Eligibility Checklist at cuny.edu/asap/checklist be sure to check your email for important next steps.
Visit the CUNY ASAP website for more information on the program